As a Construction Crew Member you will play a vital role in building and repairing homes on a local level. You will learn and perform construction tasks on new and rehab homes; demolition, site prep, framing, roofing, siding, insulation, drywall, flooring, finish carpentry, and landscaping. You will attend site safety trainings and work with staff to maintain a safe and efficient build site. Leading groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers you will make homeownership possible for partner families striving for a better life. No previous
experience in construction required.
- Actively assist staff, volunteers, and homeowners to build, rehabilitate, or repair homes.
- Offer guidance and leadership to volunteers partnering with Habitat on the construction site and community projects.
- Assist with hands-on construction tasks including but not limited to:
- Maintain site safety through modeling of safety practices and guidelines. Attend safety trainings with construction staff.
- Help with materials management on site and at affiliate storage locations including set up and clean up of project sites.
- Attend required meetings, trainings and events:
On site and affiliate orientation
OSHA 30 safety licensing
First Aid / CPR
Lockton Safety courses
MA AmeriCorps Opening Day
MLK National Day of Service / Veterans Day of Service
Evaluations with Direct Supervisors and Host Site Manager
Professional Development trainings & host site events as needed
Buildin’ it up sessions
- Participate in planning, debriefing, and safety meetings as needed.
- On occasion, members may participate in larger community projects such as lot cleanups, community gardens, etc.